Nazareth students are Changemakers in our communities
Students learn and gain experience during more than 15,000 visits each year to Nazareth's on-campus clinics for creative arts therapy (art, music, and play), nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, public health, social work, and speech-language pathology and audiology.
Your gift today will help ensure these programs thrive, continue to serve our community, and help prepare our students for their life's work.
- Art Therapy Department – Art therapy uses creative visual expression as a form of communication to expand self-awareness. Therapy services are provided by graduate students in the Creative Arts Therapy Program.
- Best Buddies Program – Best Buddies encourages involvement from Nazareth College students both with and without developmental and intellectual disabilities. Read more at bestbuddies.org.
- Brain Injury & Speech Clinic – Provides speech, language, and cognitive services for adults with a variety of neurological conditions. Clients are engaged in meaningful activities to reach their educational, vocational, and recreational potential.
- Callahan Reading Clinic - Elementary and secondary students, as well as adults from the community, may receive support in learning to read and write at the clinic on Nazareth's campus.
- Civil Rights Journey - Nazareth students travel to historical sites in Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee and meet with activists, historians and scholars. Participating students also learn about the Sisters of St. Joseph who participated in the civil rights struggle and the direct connection between Nazareth University and their foundational work at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Selma, Alabama.
- Weider Community Engagement Office - The Weider Community Engagement Office is a mechanism for students to do meaningful work, to find their places to engage, and to understand their power to be changemakers.
- Hickey Center for Interfaith Studies & Dialogue - The Hickey Center and the IIIT Chair for Interfaith & Islamic Studies promote understanding and appreciation of differences through education and dialogue in an increasingly global landscape.
- Konar Center for Tolerance and Jewish Studies - The Konar Center applies Jewish values and ethics to advance religious, cultural, and ethnic understanding through educational initiatives, civic engagement, and respectful alliances.
- Life Prep @ Naz - LifePrep is an innovative program designed to provide students with intellectual and developmental disabilities with a college experience, strengthening their life skills, vocational skills, self-sufficiency, and independence.
- Music Therapy Clinic - Music therapy uses music in the context of a therapeutic relationship to address the physical, communication, emotional, cognitive, and social needs of people of all ages.
- Nazareth Alternative Break - During Winter or Spring semester break, travel locally or globally to learn and serve alongside peers and community members.
- Oak Tree Food Pantry - Nazareth's on-campus food pantry serves students, staff, and faculty. We have a fully-stocked pantry complete with all of the staples you need!
- Occupational Therapy - This clinic evaluates and treats people whose function has been impacted by upper extremity disorders, arthritis, burns, or amputations. The fabrication of splints or orthotics may be part of the intervention plan.
- Partners For Learning - The national award-winning Partners for Learning program engages Nazareth students in partnerships with the children, teachers, and staff of six urban sites: School #9, School #42, School #46, the Discovery Charter School, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Rochester, and Nativity Preparatory Academy.
- Physical Therapy Department - The PT clinic treats clients of all ages. Student clinicians provide evaluation and treatment for musculoskeletal conditions such as tendonitis, patellofemoral pain syndrome, low back and neck pain, muscle strain, ankle sprains, and carpal tunnel. Interventions are individually designed to promote maximum function.
- Speech and Language Clinic - This clinic addresses the communication needs of children and adults with speech and language delays and disorders.
- York Clinics - Nazareth's unique constellation of health and human services academic programs and clinics in our state-of-the-art facility provide the best learning environment and clinic spaces among colleges of similar size nationally. Learn more on our website.